I recently found this Monday Mischief BlogHop on Snoopy’s DogBlog . I looked great fun so I thought I’d join in!
Alfie’s always being mischievous however today he decided to be a good little pup all day. He probably learnt his lesson after the TV Catastrophe! In the end I got some pictures of him pouncing on his ball.
Alfie was very happy that it was Friday! He was shaking with glee…
Welcome back to this weeks Wordless Wednesday hosted by BlogPaws.
This week Alfie decided to go for a nap while I typed up a few emails. As I take photos like there is no tomorrow I decided to get a few snaps. It took Alfie quite a while to close his eyes…
“I think I might go to sleep here”
Alfie is a murderer. A series of toys have died recently.
With Alfie going through serious teething at 3 months he has managed to rip some toys to shreds. You can tell his teeth are really aching as it is not a playful bite but a really-squashing-down-on-the-growing-teeth bite!
Any advice on teething is welcome and would be greatly appreciated!
The criminal himself
Hello and welcome back to another round up of the week! To view the other posts click here
This week has been great! Alfie got his final vaccination on Tuesday so he has been able to go for walks all week!
Lets start with Monday…
We had a BBQ on Monday to enjoy the weather! Family and friends came over and Alfie loved it! He loves people so being surrounded by them all day is his version of heaven. When the weather is hot and sunny he gets incredibly tried and will constantly sleep. It’s almost like a sunbathing plan! He’ll go outside for about 10 minutes, then in the shade, then inside, then back to the garden! He did this all day on Monday and played in between. In a way I kind of wanted him to be like the dogs in movies who steal a line of sausages and run off! But that didn’t happen, in fact he never once went for our food.
This week I was awarded the Sunshine Award by the lovely Harper Lee at thek9harperlee! You should check her out she writes a wonderful blog in the eyes of Harper Lee her gorgeous Golden Retriever!
About the Sunshine Award:
This prize is awarded to “bloggers who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere.” As an award winner, there are a few rules to follow:
- Thank the person (or dog, as the case may be) who gave this award to you and link to his or her blog.
- Answer the questions below.
- Pass on the award to 10 fabulous bloggers, link their blogs, and let them know you awarded them.
My friend recently sent me a link, to a website, that she had used to bake a cake for her dog. I read the site and, wow, if I was a dog I would LOVE a cake like that! So I’d thought I would share it with you! This recipe was found on Food.Com click here to view the official recipe.
Dog birthday cake
Total time: 1 hour
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
Ingredients and equipment:
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 Cup of Peanut Butter
- 1/4 Cup of Cooking Oil
- 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- 1/3 Cup of Honey
- 1 Cup of shredded Carrot
- 1 Cup of Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 Teaspoon of Baking Soda
- 6 cup ring mold/muffin mold
- Wooden spoon
- Wire rack
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C, Gas-mark 4)
- Grease a 6 cup ring mold (or, if you have chosen, a muffin mold)
- Combine the egg, peanut butter, oil, vanilla and honey, into a large bowl. Blend well.
- Stir in the carrots and mix thoroughly.
- Sift together the flour and baking soda and fold it into the carrot mixture.
- Spoon the cake batter into the prepared mold.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes.
- Let the cake cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Then turn it out and leave it on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once cool decorate as you wish.
Let me know if you baked the cake! Did your dog enjoy it? Was the recipe easy to follow? Let me know! Also tell me if you would like me to write more of these dog recipes! Personally I think they’re great!