Here is another recipe this time with Parsley! Parsley makes a dogs breath smell fresh and is also high in vitamins A and C which is great for your little pup!
I found this recipe on Turtlewomen’s blog.
Parsley bone cookies
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Total time: 1 hour
Ingredients and equipment:
- 2 Cups of whole wheat flour
- 1 Cup of rolled oats
- 1 Tablespoon of dried parsley (or 2 tablespoons of fresh chopped parsley)
- 2 Large eggs (save some for coating)
- ½ Cup of water (add 2 more tablespoons if dough is too dry)
- ½ Cup of non-fat dry milk
- 1 Cup of peanut butter
- Large bowl
- Small bowl
- Rolling pin
- Shape cutter/knife
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- Preheat oven to 300°F (149°C, Gas Mark 2)
- In a large bowl, add the flour, oats and parsely
- In a smaller bowl beat the eggs lightly
- Add the water and peanut butter to the eggs
- Combine the flour mixture to the egg mixture gently
- Knead with your hands until you have a smooth ball of dough
- Place the dough onto a floured surface and flatten with a rolling pin to about 1 inch thickness
- Use your shape cutter/knife to cut into pieces
- Coat each one with egg whites to give a golden look
- Line/grease a baking sheet and place cookies on
- Bake for 30 minutes but if you wish for softer cookies take out 10 minutes early
- Leave to cool and enjoy!
If you have followed the recipe, give me feedback! Let me know if your dog loved it or hated it. What you changed and what you kept the same. I’d love to know!