My friend recently sent me a link, to a website, that she had used to bake a cake for her dog. I read the site and, wow, if I was a dog I would LOVE a cake like that! So I’d thought I would share it with you! This recipe was found on Food.Com click here to view the official recipe.
Dog birthday cake
Total time: 1 hour
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
Ingredients and equipment:
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 Cup of Peanut Butter
- 1/4 Cup of Cooking Oil
- 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- 1/3 Cup of Honey
- 1 Cup of shredded Carrot
- 1 Cup of Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 Teaspoon of Baking Soda
- 6 cup ring mold/muffin mold
- Wooden spoon
- Wire rack
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C, Gas-mark 4)
- Grease a 6 cup ring mold (or, if you have chosen, a muffin mold)
- Combine the egg, peanut butter, oil, vanilla and honey, into a large bowl. Blend well.
- Stir in the carrots and mix thoroughly.
- Sift together the flour and baking soda and fold it into the carrot mixture.
- Spoon the cake batter into the prepared mold.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes.
- Let the cake cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Then turn it out and leave it on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once cool decorate as you wish.
Let me know if you baked the cake! Did your dog enjoy it? Was the recipe easy to follow? Let me know! Also tell me if you would like me to write more of these dog recipes! Personally I think they’re great!